Add Nexmo Verify or Number Insight to an Ecommerce Platform
This contest has ended, but you can join our current contest.
Our challenge is to take your favorite ecommerce platform and make it better, solve a problem or add some functionality, using Nexmo's Verify or Number Insight. You could add second factor authentication to the login, allow users to check their order status just using a phone number, or evaluate fraud based geographic location tied to the users phone number compared to their billing or shipping address.
It can be a service based platform like Shopify, or a software based paltform like Magento - your submission can be for any platform that is open for extensions, integrations, or plugins. All submissions must be opensource and on github, because we want developers to see how useful these APIs are.
Nexmo Verify makes it easy to verify phone numbers for second factor login, or for validating user provided data. Nexmo Number Insight provides data about a phone number - carriers, roaming status, and more.
Community Provided Libraries
Pick Your Prize!
The winner will receive their choice of one of the following prizes:
1) Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition + Galaxy Note 4 ($850)
2) Xbox One with Kinect: Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle ($500)
3) Parrot BeBop Drone ($500)
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
This contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and other locations where this contest is not prohibited or restricted by law,
age eighteen (18) or over,
excluding employees of Company and members of their immediate families, and
- excluding entities (and their personnel and consultants) that provide services competitive with any of Company or its services.
Wholly original, and created during the contest.
Made public on GitHub with an open source license covering your original content.
Use Nexmo's Verify and/or Number Insight APIs as authorized in the applicable documentation and the terms and conditions located at www.nexmo.com/terms-use.
Integrate with an ecommerce platform that is open for extension, integrations or plugins.
Provided Nexmo access to test the submission.
How to enter
- Register on Challenge Post
- Check the Verify & Number Insight Documentation
- Create an integration that uses Verify or Number Insight (or both) and an Ecommerce Platform (see requirements, rules and judging criteria).
- Submit your integration, and a way to test it, through Challenge Post before 11:45 PM on Monday May 18th (GMT)
Developer Guy, Nexmo
Best Use of Nexmo
How well does the integration uses Nexmo's Verify / Number Insight APIs? We want that use to be core to the integration.
Does the integration seem seamless to the user? Does it feel like it's part of the content managment system?
Does this solve a real problem? Does it add a feature that will be used?
Is this for a widely used content management system? Or is the code easy to apply to other platforms?
Quality of Code
Is the code worth learning from? Could it be cited as an example?